Makeup artist Mai Quynh created a glowing “soft and ethereal” look for Chloë after taking inspiration from her dress; from the spring color to the pretty feather and jewel embroideries. The goal was to create a soft look to keep focus on the dress.
FACE: Flawless, Fresh Skin
1. Mai first prepped Chloë’s skin with RéVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream that was lathered into her face like a mask, which she let sit for a few minutes before rubbing it in to blend completely.
2. She used Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide Foundation in Vanillé (Available July 2014), to blend into her face before applying Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage under the eyes and around Chloë’s nose.
3. Mai applied Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder in Translucent with the Laura Mercier Powder Brush, which helped the makeup stay fresh throughout the night.
4. Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Peach Whisper was blended into the apples of the cheeks for a natural flush.
EYES & LIPS: Soft, Mauve Tones and a Pink, Nude Pout
5. To keep it fresh, Mai avoided going heavy on the eye, but she didn’t hold back the use of multidimensional color. Using three different Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colours, Mai used “Sugar Frost” at the inner corner of the eyes before layering “Amethyst” on the eyelids and blending it into the creases, fading the shadow upwards.
6. The third color, “Grey Pearl” was used along Chloë’s top lash line, fading it into the Amethyst shade. Mai mixed Amethyst and Grey Pearl together, and then smudged the blend along the bottom lash line.
7. Chloë’s eyebrows were shaped and filled with Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil in Fair Blonde.
8. Mai used Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara — two coats.
9. For a hint of color Mai applied a shade of coral to Chloë’s lips: Laura Mercier Rouge Nouveau Weightless Lip Colour in Coy.
Special thanks to Mai Quynh!
Photos: Courtesy; ReVive; Laura Mercier