It’s not surprising that Emma Stone was instantly compared to Queen Elsa from “Frozen” considering she turned up on the Met Gala red carpet with her ginger hair in a fabulous textured side-braid, which resembled the famous hairstyle of beloved character from the Disney animated hit.
Whether the fictional ice queen played a role in the inspiration for Emma’s look remains to be seen, but what we do know is that L’Oréal Paris celebrity hairstylist Mara Roszak wanted Emma’s hair to match the fresh and young vibe of her ‘effortlessly cool’ Thakoon two-tone pink dress.
1. To give Emma a great texture to start with, Mara first applied L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT High Lift Creation Spray onto the roots of her hair to get a desired dramatic lift.
2. Mara then sprayed L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle TXT IT Tousle Waves Spray liberally all over the mid-length and ends. She rough-dried the hair away from Emma’s face to build texture and volume while maintaining the structure.
3. She teased Emma’s hair, once dried, at the crown for added height before back-combing throughout.
4. To begin the braiding process, “I started creating the wide, woven style from the left side, moving over to the right, making a side braid. I secure the end with a clear elastic, and allowed pieces to fall out loosely around the face,” she explained.
5. Once the braid was complete, Mara locked it in by spraying L’Oréal Paris Elnett Hairspray Extra Strong Hold Volume.
Don’t hesitate to try this look at home for a relaxed–yet polished–summer look!
Special thanks to Mara Roszak!
Photos: Zimbio; L’Oreal Paris