Everyone has their little fashion obsessions — a particular item of clothing or an accessory they more of than anything else in their closet. For some, it’s leather jackets or a cardigan in every color. For others it’s jeans, scarves, or hats. For many — it’s shoes. You can count me in with the many because I am addicted to shoes.
When dressing I normally select my shoes and base my entire outfit around them instead of the opposite. It’s something I picked up from my mother – she really does know best. I love all types of styles, but my favorite time of year for add on to my footwear collection is when those leaves start falling and people start setting out their pumpkins.
Typically I buy black boots because once I find a pair that fit really well and are comfortable to wear for long periods of time, I’ll end up wearing them with everything and black tends to come in handy. That’s not to say I don’t love colorful or printed shoes because I have an unhealthy addicted to all things animal print, and sometimes I’ll wear an “all black everything” outfit that requires a to-die-for pop of color that will brighten things up and make a bold statement.
Another detail I am generally drawn to are studs. I’m a rock ‘n roll gal to the soul so a little spike here and a grommet there allows for me to express two of my most beloved things – music and fashion. Adding some lace or a feminine bows to the mix gives off an explosively chic and edgy ladylike look.
Below are just a few pairs of the très magnifique shoes I’m craving this season!
1. Alexander McQueen Animal Print Calf Hair and Leather Boots, $1,875 @ Net-a-Porter.com
2. Brian Atwood “Power Studs” Suede Platform Pumps, $1,900 @ SaksFifthAvenue.com
3. Camilla Skovgaard Cutout Suede and Leather Ankle Boots, $$595 @ Net-a-Porter.com
4. Gucci Leather Knee Boots, $1,795 @ Net-a-Porter.com
5. Jimmy Choo “Kudos” Embroidered Mesh Boots, $1,695 @ Net-a-Porter.com
6. Jimmy Choo “Blade” Grommet Ankle-Wrap Sandal, $885 @ BergdorfGoodman.com
7. Lanvin Concealed-Wedge Crinkled-Leather Knee Boots, $1,090 @ Net-a-Porter.com
8. RED Valentino Bow-Detailed Wellington Boots, $195 @ Net-a-Porter.com
9. Brian Atwood “Santana” Open Toe Ankle Boots, BrianAtwood.com
10. Christian Louboutin “Marisa” Studded Platform Boot, $2295 @ BergdorfGoodman.com
Photos: Net-a-Porter, Bergdorf Goodman, Brian Atwood
What shoe are you currently obsessing over?